House votes to repeal ACA
Posted on July 12, 2012 | Comment (1)
The House voted again Wednesday to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Members approved the bill in a 244-185 vote, after five hours of debate. Five House Democrats, including Reps. Dan Boren (OK), Larry Kissell (NC), Jim Matheson (UT), Mike McIntyre (NC) and Mike Ross (AK), sided with Republicans in the final vote. Repeal of Obamacare Act, H.R. 6079 was passed by the House in response to the Supreme Court’s June 28 decision to uphold the ACA.
- the number of Americans expected to gain health insurance;
- changes in the affordability of insurance;
- changes in consumer protections and consumer choice;
- help for small businesses;
- improvement in Medicare solvency;
- improvement in health care quality; and
- control of health spending growth.